We are very excited at to be opening our doors again after what feels like a surreal and lengthy 11 weeks. Having closed for the first time in 5 years, we cannot wait to to welcome you back and getting back to what we do best.
Our top priority is undoubtedly to create a safe and clean environment in which you can enjoy the company of close friends and family whilst enjoying Mèribel’s glorious sun on our large open-air terrace. There’s no denying our terrace really comes into its own in the summer months and so with copious amounts of summer months ahead, what better time to get back to it!
SUMMER AT LA TERRASSE
We understand that many peoples’ summer plans have been put on hold but we believe there is still plenty to look forward to. You may well be wondering what life at La Terrasse will be like for us this summer? Well, it’s fair to say we’ve had more than enough time to plan what this summer will have in store. Think fresh summer produce, specials that will have you coming back week on week, live music and good vibes!
Our much loved Soiree Moules Frites will be back on Thursday nights, and this time round we will be offering it with a side of live music from some of our favourite local musicians.
Fridays will see the return of Fish & Chips as our Plat du Jour, available to both eat in and takeaway, served in the traditional style with tartare sauce and mushy peas. Afterall, Fridays were made for Fish & Chips!
Sunday’s will be our dedicated BBQ day, with tasty selections of meats, seafoods and salads available on the terrace every Sunday lunchtime.
On top of this, we plan to continue to host quizzes that have become a firm favourite of our online community during the lockdown period along with live music on the terrace and other exciting events later this summer.
SUMMER IN MERIBEL
We believe Meribel will continue to be a must visit this summer. After to opening of the new Col de la Loze last summer, the most anticipated event of Summer 2020 is the Tour de France! Meribel is set to host the 17th stage of the prestige event on 16th and 17th September. This will be a proud moment for Meribel, and we hope you will be with us to celebrate. You can see just how excited we are here.
There is also of course Mèribel’s vast and lucious landscape to enjoy. With the reopening of mountain bike, cycling and walking trails, there’s plenty of activities to keep us on our feet and enjoying the fresh air over the summer months.
Not to be forgotten is the hugely popular sport of golf. Meribel is home to a unique and breathtaking course that will leave any avid golfer in awe. Despite their site not being updated recently, any of you who have wondered up that way you will know that the greens are good to go! This should hopefully mean that’ll you’ll soon be able to dust off the clubs and get working on your handicap on Mèribel’s spectacular course.
Should you choose to make the most of what Meribel has to offer, be sure to pop in and say hello!
We have a large (covered), well ventilated outdoor terrace and another lower uncovered terrace meaning the flow of natural air will limit the spread of Covid-19 in our establishment. We would like to reassure you of the safety measures that are being taken in order to reduce the risk of spreading the virus whilst enabling us to provide a service to you and our community. Some of which include, but are not limited to:
- The management and owners have undertaken and auctioned a detailed risk assessment following local professional hygiene advice
- All our staff have been given additional training in how to reduce the transmission of Covid-19
- Our staff will where masks at all times while at work
- Tables, chairs, menus and credit card machines will be cleaned between each customer’s use
- High touch points will be cleaned every 30 minutes
- We will wash our hands before and after touching anything that has been or will come into contact with customers
- We’ll clean our toilets every 30 minutes and will leave the cleaning equipment in the toilet for your liberal use
- Our food is prepared by a chef who is trained in Food Safety & Hygiene and is following the guidelines given for food preparation (mask, clean chef’s whites for each shift, regular hand washing, cleaning procedures, reception of goods procedures)
- There are ample and extra hand washing facilities for your use including a portable hands free sink at the entrance to the terrace
- Customer distancing for table seating in place
A full, non-exhaustive list of the measures we will be taking to ensure the safety of customers and staff, and advice for when visiting our restaurant is available to view on our website here. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.
We very much hope that you can join us in the coming months. Meribel has plenty to offer and there aren’t many things better than enjoying freshly cooked food and refreshing beverages with loved ones in Alpine sunshine, and we would be delighted to see you on our terrace again.
We are very excited to be open again, and look forward to greeting you (albeit from a safe distance) in the near future!
The La Terrasse Team
Gwilym Thomas via https://www.gwilymthomas.com/
The Wardette Studio via https://www.thewardettestudio.com/